Are you a delivery driver?

You'll need the right insurance, so why not let a whole panel of insurers search for quotes for you to compare?

What kind of insurance does a delivery driver need?

It's a form of Hire and Reward Insurance. It's sometimes called courier insurance or Class 3 business insurance but there are subtle differences. Don't worry though, the members of the insurer panel will make sure you get the right cover!

Stop Press!

A number of van insurers are now offering Instant Online Quotes for van insurance (sorry, not car or two wheeler) with Hire and Reward (Courier) Insurance!

Up to 60 insurers can be invited to quote; how many will provide them depends on many factors but why not see what they can offer now?

Click here for online van insurance quotes

Who needs this type of insurance?

Anyone who gets paid for delivering goods. This could be anything from heavy furniture items, to small parcels or even a pizza.

It is vital that you get the right insurance, though. For instance, a policy that covers a fast food courier delivering hot meals wouldn't necessarily be the right one for someone delivering washing machines or hospital equiment. This is why most well known insurers avoid it - they prefer simpler, mass market policies. There are a lot of specialist insurers, though, that offer competitive premiums that you can compare, whatever it is that you carry.

What if I only make the odd delivery in my spare time?

If you have a standard car, van, or even scooter/motorbike policy, and you deliver goods in exchange for payment, even on a part-time basis, then without additional cover you would probably be breaking the terms of your policy. This could lead you open to being uninsured even whilst you were not out on deliveries. If you had an accident you could face eye watering costs, and if the police caught you, your driving licence and job could be at risk.

What type of delivery driver insurance can I buy?

As usual there would be a choice of third party, third party fire and theft and comprehensive policies. You could have a standalone policy that covers you for social, domestic and pleasure purposes as well as delivery work, or you can sometimes buy a 'top-up' policy that is in addition to a normal policy and only covers you when you are working. Some insurers offer this as a 'pay as-you-go' option.

You should be careful with top-up policies though. Most mainstream insurers will not accept them - after all there could easily be disputes between the insurers over which one should pay out if you had an accident. It is vital that if you are thinking of buying a top-up that you inform your regular insurer, otherwise you could well find their cover withdrawn, leaving you uninsured. They can be a bit complex too, often requiring you to log on and off. Forgetting to do so could of course leave you uninsured.

asian delivery driver

Is delivery driver insurance expensive?

It costs more than normal SD&P insurance. This is because delivery drivers face additional risks on the road because they can be under pressure to make deliveries on time. Insurers from the panel can, however, look for the most affordable policies for you.

Does this insurance cover the goods I'm carrying?

Sometimes policies can include Goods in Transit Cover, which protects against loss of, or damage to, the items you are delivering, as well as Personal Liability Insurance in case you yourself cause loss or injury to anyone else during the course of your work. If not, these can usually be added as optional extras.

Sounds good. How do I get quotes?

Just fill in a short proposal form. Experieced, qualified insurance providers will search for quotes for you and will send them to you to compare. Naturally, all the insurers are fully Authorised and Regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority which means that they will obliged to work in your very best interests (which they would anyway 😀 )!

Don't delay: get quotes now!

More Information

How it works

  • You fill in a simple form, giving some details of what you are looking for.
  • Depending upon your requirements, selected insurers from the panel will be asked to collect quotes for you.
  • You will receive quotations to compare.

You may need courier insurance if you carry the following goods:

animals or livestock blood or organs business goods car parts cash or valuables chemicals clothing dangerous goods electrical equipment furniture household goods medical equipment medication mixed parcels newspapers online purchases pallets Parcels Plant Equipment takeaway food vehicles waste and refuse wholesale food near me

Others who may provide quotes include:

BP insurance insurance providers Edison Ives Business Insurance Services Nova Insurance Morgan richardson Quote4 Jowett Konsileo Insurley A-Plan GoSkippy Pol-Plan Kudos Insurance Barnes Dental Dickson Export and General Plan SJ Compareinsurance Arthur J Gallagher Aplan 2 QC Brady Greenwood Quote 123 Acadamey The Retail Mutual Crosby Insurance Brokers GSI Insurance

Click here now for delivery driver insurance quotes!
Let's get quotes now!

Delivery Driver Products

Agricultural supplies     Air conditioning Equipment     Furniture     Bakery products     Bar equipment     Beauty products     Bedding     Books     Building materials     Camping gear     Car parts     Catering equipment     Catering food     Chemists supplies     Cleaning products     Clothes     Commercial kitchen equipment     Computer equipment     Craft supplies     Curtains     Dairy products     DIY tools     Drinks dispensers     Electrical supplies     Electronics     Equestrian supplies     Fish     Fishing gear     Fitness equipment     Footwear     Furniture     Garden supplies     groceries     Home appliances     Industrial chemicals     Industrial machinery     Kitchenware     Laboratory equipment     Mattresses     Meat     Medical supplies     Medications     Mobile phones     Motorbikes     Musical instruments     Office furniture     Office supplies     Outdoor furniture     Ovens     Paint     Pet food     Pianos     Plumbing supplies     Printers and photocopiers     School supplies     Sports equipment     Stationery supplies     Tiles     TV equipment     Tyres     Vending machines     White goods     Wines and spirits is a trading style of David Gale who has a business relationship with Prudent Plus Limited of Booths Hall, Booths Park, Knutsford Cheshire WA16 8GS. This company is registered in England number 10104295, is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority and is a Member of the British Insurance Brokers Association, John Stow House, 18 Bevis Marks, London EC3A 7JB. Membership number: 007759

Prudent Plus Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of QuoteSearcher Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, their Registration Number is 504796 and their permitted business is insurance mediation. These facts can be checked by visiting the FCA website.